This is a range of a Resin Coated Sand used in production of cores & moulds by shell process with superb hot strength. It is prepared from high grade Silica sand by pre-coating it with phenol - formaldehyde (PF) resin and catalyst. This resin - coated sand is very smooth, free flowing and dry with good resistance to moisture.Our Resin Coated Sand Quality Testing Report:
|SL No.||%age of Resin||CTS (psi) (Cold Tensile Strength)||HTS (psi) (Hot Tensile Strength)||Gas Evolution (cc/gm)||Stick Point||AFS|
Shell Sand Advantages :
- Extremely flow able, to produce cores / moulds of greater density and compacted ones. Cores and Moulds are less prone to erosion by Metal which reduces Non-metallic inclusions.
- Shell Sands Cores and Moulds have hollow characteristics results in significantly light weight for handling and lowest cost production of castings. Deep drawn patterns with tapers of 0.5 to 3 degree can be produced by Shell Process
- High 'Out OF BOX ' strengths of cores and moulds yield castings with high precise dimensional tolerances which lead to reduction in machining allowances, fettling and finishing cost.
- Shell Process renders elimination of refractory coatings
- Shell Sand Cores/Moulds remains usable indefinitely and are unaffected by humidity and resistance to moisture pickup.
- Shell Sands are exceptionally resistance to damage during handling and storing.
- Shell Sands have the ability to make excellent casting time after time, simple to process, operated with unskilled labour.
- Shell Process leads to low capital investment for core/moulds making equipments.
- Shell Process yields less sand handling and less sand consumption per unit casting to be produced.